The history of Moules Industriels began in 1989, preceded by 5 years at Modelage Mécanique. Seeing the growing demand for mold manufacturing in the automotive sealing sector, the co-founders, Francine Guay and Claude Houle, embarked on this adventure.
Nobody suspected that their business would have changed so much in 30 years:
- Expansion by the creation of a complementary MI Plastech entity in Sherbrooke for injection, as well as the development of two “sister” factories in Mexico;
- Innovation through research and development and the creation of MI RobotiX and MI Lab (two of our patents pending were accepted in 2018)
- Increase from 5 employees to 350 at four sites in North America;
- Serve clients and collaborate with partners in America, China and Europe;
- Handed off the presidency to their son Vincent Houle.
Awards and recognitions
In fact, 2019 is another big year; we are proud to announce that MI Integration has re-qualified for a fourth consecutive year as one of Deloitte’s Canada’s Best Managed Companies. You can find us in the Gold Standard winners. Moreover, we are a finalist of ”Les Mercuriades” in 2 different categories:
- Development of international markets
- Innovative manufacturer
We receive these recognitions as an encouragement to put all our efforts to constantly improve ourselves!
Thanks to our great background, our creativity and our ambitions, the future of the MI Integration Group looks promising. Be ready for the upcoming projects of the great big family of Moules Industriels.
If you are curious, follow the highlights that have happened every year in the automotive industry since 1989 in our “Did you know? Facts about automotive industry” series!